Thursday, October 23, 2008

Bah

... new meds make tummy hurt...

I'm ready to curl up in a ball and never wake up... that will teach me...

I need to eat something, but I don't know what; my stomach is threatening to expel anything that I put in it.

I don't think I'm going to take these meds again; I guess it's time to try the other ones (my doc gave me two options to try).

Ugly Betty better be super fabulous today, I tell you what.

In other news, I just read this quote by a woman who was raised by two gay men:
The struggles that typically come from having a LGBT parent are not because the parent(s) are LGBT, but because the children hear messages everyday that remind them that plenty of people question the validity of their families. This is understandably wearing and frustrating, but it is not the result of parents being LGBT. It is the result of living in a homophobic society.

If only those proclaiming, "Their families are not real families!" knew the damage they were causing to the hearts, minds, and souls of so many children.

If only those proclaiming, "Do not dare to teach my children that such families are valid!" knew the tent of unnecessary shame they are forcing upon so many children.

And then they proclaim the damage done is done by the hands of the parents who are doing everything in their power to lift, heal, and comfort (and doing a damn fine job of it, too).

... it is sad to say the very, very, very, very least...

3 comments:

  1. ....which is why I am perfectly fine with it being taught in schools :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, oh, oh! What terrible things to SAY to people!! My son has a girl in his class who is being raised by a lesbian couple (though obviously not married, in conservative Texas...) and I hope that girl doesn't have to go through what the author of that quote did. How sad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. evan: ditto

    amanda: It's very sad, indeed.

    ReplyDelete