I will simply state two premises, a conclusion, the possible ways to refute the claim, and some tips on how to be successful in refuting. It is not my intention to put the burden of proof upon you but to get you to either think critically about what exactly is said within the 132nd section of the Doctrine & Covenants and/or to think critically about logic.
It should also be said that my reconciliation has nothing to do with my conclusion but with my second premise. Presently, I will not share my reasoning behind my second premise (as was the original intent of this post) -- I may later, but I want to see if there are others who see the same.
Again, this is not me saying, "I'm right unless you can prove me wrong" but "Let's practice our skills in logical discussion here."
- The only reason gays should not be allowed to be eternally sealed together is because of the belief that D&C 132 reveals that eternal heterosexual marriage is required for exaltation;
- D&C 132 does not actually reveal that eternal heterosexual marriage is required for exaltation (the belief is false).
- Gays should be allowed to be eternally sealed together.
- Logically prove that there is another reason why gays should not be allowed to be eternally sealed together; and/or
- Logically prove that D&C 132 actually does reveal that eternal heterosexual marriage is required for exaltation; and/or
- Logically prove that my logic is not sound.
- Proving this has the highest probability of success out of all three;
- a) Verses 23 & 24 explicitly define the means to exaltation and eternal lives; therefore, it would be recommended to prove that verses 23 & 24 are referring to eternal heterosexual marriage; b) The definition of "the law" is important;
- Search through the fallacies here and see if I am guilty of any;
- Do not be guilty of any of the aforereferenced [sic] fallacies in your proofs;
- Try proving all three in the 'To Refute' list;
- Don't post your proofs unless you are willing to have your proofs subject for proof, themselves;
- Don't be a smug, self righteous ass -- keep your proofs cold (without emotion) and purely logical, and there will be no problems.