Sunday, January 17, 2010

Old Andrew Martin

... or as I like to call him: OAM


Tonight, in my insomnia, I read some of my past private journal entries.

A few of my favorites:
25 Aug '06

To lighten things up a titch, I thought -- since it's 2 AM & I'm sleepy-drunk -- that I'd write some of my last thoughts of the day:

"My contact lens was in backwards... that explains everything"

"This towel smells like Hotel."

"I'm kindy [sic] funny when I'm sleepy."

"I wanted to see the date, not the time."

"Hmm... it isn't really funny if I try to think funny... Funnily? Funnily."

"It's 2 AM, you dweeb, go to bed."

4 Sept '06

School starts tomorrow; I feel rather indifferent. I'm most anxious about money... why does everything take money? Bah! I'm moving to Antartica... live off penguin eggs. Mmm... raw eggage. Maybe they'll elect me as their penguin king. I would make a good penguin king.

Hmm... I think I'm officially crazy now. That's cool... I'll need a tux, though...

12 Sept '06

I'd write more, but this pen rots.

29 Oct '06

Scripture Study: "Oneness in Marriage" ~Spencer W. Kimball
"First there must be the proper approach toward marriage. A person must try to select a spouse who is as nearly perfect in all the matters which are of importance to him."
... and if this perfection is a man?

August 10, 2007

I have decided from now on that I will focus on the here & now.

I need to shave.

September 3, 2007

I feel mean, fault-finding, grumpy, & contentious. I feel like I need to punch someone... I definitely need to wash my sheets.

October 30, 2007

How do I not get mad... How do I not get bitter that I must live a life without companionate love?

Why am I so "privileged"?

I guess I'll just go to bed.............


(I should mention that during these last two entries of feeling frustrated, I was laughing at myself as I closed my journal.)

No comments:

Post a Comment