Sunday, January 10, 2010

Dear [You],

I knew, going into our relationship, that you would most likely choose the Church. It's probably why I never really let the barriers around my heart down to the possibility of falling in love with you.

But I do love you as a friend and as a brother. You are a superb and exemplary man, with a heart purely innocent. I have no doubts you will be of great service to the Church.

Like all of us in the "gay Mormon crowd," you have some tough roads ahead of you -- especially with your promise to me (I will hound you every day of February until it's kept!)... but I promise to be of support in any way I can.

I will be a crutch when you feel too weary to go on, a shoulder to cry on for both the pain and the joy, and a total goofball for those days of not-so-seriousness.

You will always be in my heart and in my prayers

Lest forlorn whilst you search your
sun, my hand in yours, though more
in brothers' way, will lend you warmth
And whilst the stars and moon will pass in stride
in droves of awe from gentled heart, I
will watch your brightn'ing sky
as it melts the dreary path you take
No lover's hand for now, your heart to break
alone, and yet in this, your daunting stake,
you hold a friend, a hand foremost for warmth.

Lovingly,
[Me]

4 comments:

  1. It's sad to see someone go, but it does help us strengthen out lives. Perhaps you need a little "wicked" break-up music to cheer you up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a good man. It's definitely hard to put others needs and desires before our own.

    I've been there (twice) and wish you the best with the healing process ahead of both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't help but remember that's how many of my TMB friends felt when I left the church. Yet not all of them were as willing to be there if I needed help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey...peace be upon you and sorry to hear about the breakup. However, as I have learned, in the long term it is sometimes best to let another person go, as Kelly Clarkson said in "Already Gone."

    Peace be with you and all of us. Amen.

    ReplyDelete