Thursday, November 27, 2008

Corn

On this day of Thanksgiving, I thought I would express gratitude for postal mail. That's right: I am thankful for snail mail.

Now, this isn't way up on my list of gratitudes [sic], but I wanted to stray from the cliché and thank something that may not be getting thanked right now.

I enjoy getting mail, especially personal letters -- you know, those passé pieces of papers shoved in envelopes, carted around, and delivered by actual people.

I've a friend with whom I've been corresponding on and off via post for the past three years (two of which he was on an LDS mission). We live a "whopping" 35 miles / 45 minutes away from each other. We both have cellphones and, of course, who doesn't have the internet? But we keep in touch with pen, paper, and stamp.

It's rather ... refreshing? I don't know the right word, but I enjoy it.

So, thank you U.S. Postal Service!

1 comment:

  1. I am rarely prouder to be an American than when I use the USPS and it goes so smoothly for such little money and effort. I love it so much.

    ReplyDelete