Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Whatever Lola Wants

I just realized something really poignant -- to me -- today. You see, I've been trying to decide what career path I wanted to solidly pursue, and I had it narrowed down to two choices: 1) Acting; and 2) Computer Science (programming).

I was teetering back and forth between the two, pondering, praying, and what-not... then this week came along -- a week wherein I have official gigs as a programmer and as an actor. I am HATING my acting gig (I've never felt more uncomfortable and out of place on stage before), yet I am absolutely LOVING my programming gig so far -- even though I really haven't done anything but training yet (I've never felt more at home at a job before).

The scales have tipped drastically in favor of a career in Computer Science. Hopefully, now that I've learned my lesson, I'll be able to enjoy the little time I have left with acting -- so I don't completely suck during performances...

(I'm debating whether or not to post when performances are; I don't know if I want anyone to come... I really don't feel like I'm doing a good job right now; my head just isn't in the game...)

No comments:

Post a Comment