Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Resolute (7 of 8)

I'm really not one to make "resolutions" at the beginning of each year. It's not that I'm not goal-oriented. I make lots of goals, but they're mostly short-term goals as I take life a day at a time. It's something I had to do to survive during the past seven years, and, you know, it's something that I've grown to love.

Let the future take care of itself, I say; I'll worry about the now.

Don't get me wrong, though, I'm not talking about the same attitude as the infamous grasshopper but along the lines of Christ's Sermon on the Mount:
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

~Matthew 6

Of course, many of my Mormon friends and family would say I'm pretty much screwed with this attitude as the kingdom of God has no room for a gay man...

But, I view the kingdom of God a bit differently, and I do not seek after rank and status (dependent upon physiology). I do not believe such is the order of the kingdom of God.

I believe such the order of God is the order of Charity, and I merely seek after such, to be filled with the pure love of Christ. Accordingly, such is my resolution, which resolution is my life-long desire and commitment:

I resolve to find a greater sense of charity for all mankind, that I will be a relief, a refuge, and not a burden in the lives of those whose paths may cross with mine, that my life will positively impact any and all who even brush upon it.

No comments:

Post a Comment