Now, I don't know if I would say I have 'tests,' per-se... they're perhaps more hurdles Mr. Right will have to get over or deal with... well, I guess 'hurdle' and 'test' could be synonymous... anyway, here are my five hurdles/tests:
the Official Date
This is probably the most difficult hurdle.
Frankly put, I'm mostly a hermit. I enjoy being by myself most of the time (being with those I love counts as 90.444% alone time... but there's still that percentage of time that I need just to be completely alone).
So actually meeting anyone new is a challenge. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm honestly not complaining. I'm really focusing on my dance academy right now. My real search for "Mr. Right" hasn't really even begun. I'm not in a huge rush.
I also tend to be completely clueless as to who may be interested in dating me, and since I'm presently in no hurry to get married, I tend to bypass asking any guy that I may be interested in dating... mostly because my head is primarily elsewhere.
Of course, I guess this hurdle wouldn't be too difficult... all he has to do is ask, and I'd probably say yes. Hell, I'd probably say yes to a girl asking me out on a date.
the Invisible Touch
(He would get bonus points for knowing this title's reference... without Google's help.)
He'll probably have to be rather blunt with any initial physical attraction. Like I said, I'm completely clueless when it comes to knowing whether or not someone is attracted to me. I'm also a complete gentlemen, so I'm not going to make a move unless I know it's welcome.
Of course, I'm not saying he'll have to pin me up against the wall and smooch me (heh, I've been reading a lot of Calvin & Hobbes lately, having just purchased the complete works).
Simply starting to cuddle during a movie at home would sufficiently give me a clue.
I'm a bit eccentric.
While some absolutely love my absent-minded-professor-ness (such as my students), some can't stand too much of me (such as my little brother... of course, I do tend to push his buttons on purpose).
Okay... maybe this one is the biggest hurdle... for both of us.
I still don't really know where most of my family stands with my decision to find me a hubby.
He'd have the fortitude and stamina to deal with my parents and my 10 siblings and their families until they're all won over.
the Deal Breakers
He'd have to want to raise children.
He'd have to want to wait until marriage to have sex... I find this idea extremely romantic, and I've decided it's a deal breaker.
He'll have to be extremely hot if he wants a dog (cats or other pets would be easy to persuade me into having... but dogs... well... we're kind of feuding, and have been since I was 5);
the Bonus Round
Although I honestly wouldn't mind if not:
- He would enjoy [at least watching] ballroom dancing;
- He would enjoy Thai food;
- He would enjoy going to operas, ballets, and other performing arts events;
- He wouldn't be significantly taller than I (I'm pretty dern short...);
- He would secretly have awesome mutant powers;
- He would enjoy British humour;
- He would enjoy watching movies at home, togetherly alone;
- He is as picky about picture and sound quality as I;
- He would be able to withstand my absolute adorable fabulousness;
- He's a PC (I'm sorry, but Macs are so... trendy... not a fan of trendy... or lack of options... Macs are so limiting...); and
- If not the penultimate, he'd be okay with me constantly teasing him that he wasn't a PC (and he'd be able to dish it back).