Monday, December 29, 2008

Out Damn'd Spot

Good news everybody: I think I've found a great match in the Ballroom partnering arena.

We are practically perfect, height-wise.

Her favorite dances are of the Rumba, Tango, Paso Doble variety. My favorite dances are of the Rumba, Tango, Paso Doble variety.

She needs a partner who is familiar with International Latin (as she isn't). I am most familiar with International Latin.

She needs a partner who isn't going to take the passion of the dance personally. I need a partner who isn't going to take the passion of the dance personally.

Excellent partnering, yes?

The last match is actually how we met. She was discussing such a need with a mutual friend of ours. She mentioned that her mom had told her to find a gay Ballroom partner. Mutual friend immediately thought of me! The referral was made, we met last Saturday, and the rest is future--yet to be seen, but a positive future, me-thinks.

It gets even better: I get to co-teach and choreograph for a small team. Sha. Zam.


... and it's all because I'm openly gay...

Life. Is. Good.

4 comments:

  1. Cool! Have fun dancing. That's something I've always wanted to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If she likes marzipan then her judgment will be absolutely perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! I still want lessons for Scott and me, if you are willing. :)

    (And if Scott is willing. lol)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda - It's never too late to start dancing! Especially Ballroom.

    Alan - I'll have to find out.

    Sarah - Absolutely! ... If you wanted, you could even round up a few other couples in your area, and I could start up a little class.

    ReplyDelete