Saturday, October 11, 2008

Patent II

It's been about a month, and now my very small-scale test of my experimental method for teaching a foreign language is complete.

I took four Russian words I had never before encountered and took just a few minutes (equal amounts of time for each) to learn two of the words with my experimental method and two of the words with the most popular non-classroom method. Then I waited a month -- during which time I did not review any of the words. After a month's time had passed (and then some), I tried to recall the four Russian words.

It turned out even better than I expected. I was able to recall one of the words I learned with my method and came EXTREMELY close to the other word learned by said method. I couldn't recall even the first sounds of the other two. To be honest, I was expecting the latter with all four words.

It's looking very promising, and I think it's time for a larger scale test.

Is there anyone interested in learning French? (If yes, please email me: chedner@gmail.com .)

No comments:

Post a Comment