Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Love Poem



I love this clip... I love the message, the spirit, the tone. It is precisely what I would have done had I the resources -- well, actually, I would have included a gay couple with their children.

I think the contrast between this clip and the clip found at ProtectMarriage.com speaks volumes about the hearts and attitudes behind the movement to either support or deny homosexual equality.

I hope to always side with the attitude found in this video clip. Even if God spoke to me face to face and said that such leads to eternal damnation, I would look squarely in God's eyes and firmly declare, "Then I will be damned."

2 comments:

  1. It is really fascinating to me that those who want to "protect children/marriage" are so filled with hatred for other people. They want to destroy someone else's love and happiness.

    How could they possibly be right?

    How could we possibly be wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, talk about hypocrisy! It reminds me of that line: "God told me to hate you." Jeesh!

    And I can't even believe how powerfully your statement struck me: "I hope to always side with the attitude [of tolerance and love]. Even if God spoke to me face to face and said that such leads to eternal damnation, I would look squarely in God's eyes and firmly declare, 'Then I will be damned.' "

    Although it would be easy for me to say, since I lost my belief in God within a few years of serving a mission.

    ReplyDelete