Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Screams

I woke up this morning to my mother throwing my door open and screaming*.

In my sleep-drunk state, I was beyond disoriented and had no clue what was happening. I thought Nazis were invading or something.

I remember saying something like "Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, what's going on? Calm down, what's happening?"

She and my dad got their mission call today.

Belgium/Netherlands mission.

My parents couldn't be more thrilled. They leave in June and will be gone for about two years.


In other news, I'm going to be a great uncle in less than 40 weeks. My oldest niece, who just celebrated her 20th birthday yesterday, is pregnant.

She and her husband may live with me in my parents' house while my parents are on their mission.

My oldest nephew gets home from his mission in March. It'll be interesting to see how quickly he gets hitched.

I really need to figure out what to do with my life -- especially job-wise.

Working for myself would be ideal. I just wish I had the resources to get started.

I think what I would do is get my own dance studio to teach Ballroom -- like actual, get ready for competition Ballroom (I would get certified to teach). I would also rent out the studio for other dance instructors to teach when I'm not teaching Ballroom. Of course, I would be traveling the country to compete as well.

Furthermore, I would set up a room in the studio for a small office that I would use to develop some of my software ideas when I'm not dancing or teaching.

That way I wouldn't be focused on just one thing, and I could satisfy my teaching interests, my dancing interests, and computer programming interests.

This is ideal for me.

If only I knew how to get the money to start it up. Maybe I'll rob a bank.

*Apparently, she wasn't screaming nor did she throw my door open.

No comments:

Post a Comment