Thursday, March 12, 2009

Dreams, Past & Present

Last night was cracked with nightmares of me sitting in church meetings and being mocked by the LDS Church's priesthood leaders -- I believe Elder Oaks was one the main one. Of specific note was how crude and juvenile their ridicule was.

It is not uncommon for me to dream of General Authorities having direct conversations with me.

One of my most memorable dreams "starring" General Authorities was set in the house where I grew up. (I should mention that such, without any doubts in my mind, is representative of heaven -- if dreams hold any meaning, that is.) I was standing in the dining room area surrounded by my parents and several General Authorities.

The General Authorities were basically pointing their fingers and condemning me -- the exact feeling of the dream was that their words were condemning me. I ended up going into the basement bathroom and killing myself.

As the General Authorities and my parents were standing over my body, I was resurrected as two men whole in one, and those watching (the General Authorities and my parents) were confounded.

This dream came during the time when I wanted to do what the Church would have me do but was unsure and praying for answers.

Anyway, I can have some crazy dreams sometimes.

The End.

3 comments:

  1. I used to have dreams a while back that all centered around Gordon B. Hinckley yelling at me and telling me that I was a disappointment. So when I read this post it was very interesting. I never had any sort of closure to the dream like you seemed to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very interesting dream indeed.

    "But I have a greater witness than John's; for the works which the Father has given Me to finish--the very works that I do--bear witness of Me, that the Father has sent Me" (John 5:36).

    As I read your blog just now...and as I concurrently thought of Prayers for Bobby...I was reminded that those who claimed religious authority, the Sanhedrin of Christ's time, rejected Him also. Yet, as we are reminded, Christ still reached out to even them. May we use this also as an inspiration towards those who oppose us.

    Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had a number of General Authority dreams too... None that involved them mocking me or attacking me. In one dream, where Göran and I had dinner with Gordon B. Hinckley and his wife, the prophet was merely rude to us. Göran told him off, and then he became more apologetic!!! :-)

    I've had a couple of dreams with Jeffrey Holland. In one he was very caring toward me; in another he refused to speak to me.

    ReplyDelete