Friday, May 1, 2009

don't get me wrong

While I do think that I'm enjoyable to be around (to those with certain palettes, anyway), and while I'm beginning to perhaps accept that I may possibly be enjoyable to look at to some, I hope I'm being honest in saying that I don't think that I... well, that I really care (or that I think I could land anyone I wanted and that I don't have any faults).

I truly only care about being me to the most honest extent as possible and honestly accepting, loving, and enjoying who I am.

As RuPaul says, "If you don't love yourself, how in the hell are you gonna love someone else?"

This, really, is why I've yet to really pursue someone. I've just barely learned to love my innards, and I'm struggling to love my outards.

I don't think a relationship has much to do with what I'm getting, but with what I'm giving.

I know I've mentioned this a couple of times on this blog before, but I'm going to mention it again. I'm coming to the conclusion that spousal coupling isn't about sex or even just about love; it's about in whose hands, heart, mind -- in whose soul -- you fit the most perfectly.

2 comments:

  1. *SWOON*

    Your description of cuts deep. That's exactly what it is to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last paragraph = beautiful. And as far as your other thoughts, I think I relate.

    ReplyDelete