Sunday, September 14, 2008

Why Do I Do It?

Why do I watch romantic comedies, that is.

I'm such a hopeless romantic... hopeless in the most maximum of ways. In fact, if you were to ask me why I am, as the saying goes, "saving myself for marriage [in the states/countries where it is legal]" I wouldn't respond with any sort of religious answer but instead with, "It's just so... romantic..."

And, of course, how could one be a hopeless romantic without unrequited love. Oh unrequited love, on one hand it makes me smile (because it's so romantic) and on the other hand it tares [sic] at my heart and squashes the bleeding pieces into a pulp of anxiety and restlessness.

1 comment:

  1. I also identify with this one. For some reason, I really like certain romantic films. Of course, for me it's almost like self-torture. But hey, maybe I like that sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete